Hi there, I’m Larry and welcome to my blog!
Are you looking for a steam cleaner? As the owner of a cleaning company, I figured this blog might be worth your while in helping you to learn more about steam cleaners. After reading from my compilation of both my experiences and my customer’s remarks, you will be able to choose the best steam cleaner for floors, tile, and even the car! So, take your time to browse around my steam cleaner reviews. Happy reading!
How to Pick the Best Steam Cleaner
Steam cleaners are machines which clean surfaces by killing allergens, bacteria and fungus with steam. They can be used for surfaces which are heat resistant, either commercially or at home.
Types of Steam Cleaners
- Canister Steam Cleaner – Rolls around on wheels and usually comes with a long hose with different head attachments. These are heavy duty and they can clean many areas in the house with their higher power and bigger tank.
- Handheld Steam Cleaner (Portable) – Smaller and easier to carry around. Naturally, they will be less powerful than your regular steam cleaner but the portable steam cleaner is great for those on a budget and/or for those who only look to perform smaller jobs on smaller areas.
Carpet steam cleaners are not really steam cleaners as they use hot water and carpet cleaning solution rather than steam to clean the carpets, so I will not be reviewing them here.
Best Steam Cleaner Reviews
I’ve written many steam cleaner reviews for the top rated models. Check out my top picks for steam cleaners in their respective categories:
- Best Budget Home Steam Cleaner
- Best for those who want a wholesome steam cleaner!
- Best High-end Home Steam Cleaner
- Superior quality for those who can afford it!
- Best Floor Steam Cleaner
- A floor steam cleaner is your solution to clean hard floors without chemicals.
- Best Handheld Steam Cleaner
- An easy to use and lightweight steam cleaner that you can carry around cleaning up spots.
- Best Tile Steam Cleaner
- Cheap steam cleaner with really hot steam that will clean your tiles well.
Features in a Steam Cleaner
Some important features of a steam cleaner that you might want to look into before deciding on which the best steam cleaner for you is!
Cheaper steam cleaners do not have a trigger. Instead, they are always on. Preferably, there should be an ‘on demand’ trigger because this allows the steam to be turned on and off as needed. In return, you save the amount of water and steam pressure needed!
Steam cleaners need approximately 5 to 15 minutes to boil the water before it can be used. Caution: we find that a shorter time may mean that it has a smaller water capacity!
Steam cleaners need time to cool down before you can open the boiler tank for refilling. So, for safety, DO NOT RUSH to refill! However, a good steam cleaner would have two water tanks. You can then refill water any time without having that delay. Of course, it comes with a cost.
Water Level Gauge
While this feature is useful, it is not really necessary. Some customers told us that this may not be a very important factor when considering which steam cleaner to buy unless they are having a hard time deciding between two just-as-good models!
My Reviews & Top Picks
- McCulloch MC-1275 – Best steam cleaner for home use at a great price!
- WhiteWing Steamer – High end home steam cleaner. You can use this for anything from cars to aquariums.
- Haan SI-35 Slim and Light Floor Steam Cleaner – Steam clean your floor tiles instead of mopping.
- Haan HS-20R Handheld Steam Cleaner – The best handheld steam cleaner for light usage at home.
More top steam cleaners:
- Bissell Steam Shot
- Steam Fast SF-227
- SteamFast SF-275 SteamMax
- Euro-Pro Shark S3501
- Euro-Pro Shark Super Steamer
Picking a steam cleaner highly depends on your perspective. What we usually tell our customers is: Be realistic with your expectations.
The steam cleaner may be a fantastic help but it is not magic. While steam cleaners are powerful equipment, some customers reported to us that certain long-standing stains (years of accumulation) may still need some scrubbing. Some work place may also require a higher quality commercial type of steam cleaner which may be way over the budget of homeowners!
Having said that, high steam pressure steam cleaner ensures easy cleaning all the way. After all, who doesn’t want value for money?
Do I Need a Steam Cleaner?
A common question that customers pose to me would be, why would I choose a steam cleaner when I can use traditional methods, such as vacuuming?
So, here’s why steam cleaner is becoming very popular in the market:
- More Effective
- Safer/ Less Chemicals
- No Smell
And there are plenty of things you can clean with a steam cleaner:
- bathroom and kitchen tiles and grout
- toilet bowl
- aluminum window frames
- pet beds
- floor mats/carpets
- car upholstery
…and many more!
So, whether you are a homemaker or your own boss, if you would like a home/work area that is clean, bacteria free and safe for everyone to live and work in, steam cleaner is the way to go, so get your best steam cleaner now!
Steam Cleaner Brands
Some of us prefer to go with the big names in the market, so here are the major brands for steam cleaners. My personal favorite is WhiteWing but that could be a bit high end for home users, who usually go for Bissell. More affordable brands that do not compromise performance are Haan and Steamfast.
I hope these steam cleaners tips and reviews have helped you in choosing your best steam cleaner. If you would like to find out more, do read up on various models in my blog.
Happy cleaning with the steam cleaner!