Hi there, I’m Larry and welcome to my Best Steam Cleaner site and Steam Cleaner Reviews Blog!
As the owner of a cleaning company, I figured this blog might be worth your while in helping you to learn more about steam cleaners. After reading from my compilation of both my experiences and my customer’s remarks, you will be able to choose the best steam cleaner for you! So, take your time to browse around my steam cleaner reviews. Happy Reading!
Best Steam Cleaner Reviews
Are you trying to find out which is the best steam cleaner? I’ve written many vapor steam cleaner reviews for the top rated models. Check out my top picks for the best steam cleaner in their respective categories:
- Best Budget Home Steam Cleaner
- Best for those who want a wholesome steam cleaner!
- Best High-end Home Steam Cleaner
- Best steam cleaner for its superior quality for those who can afford it!
- Best Hard Floor Steam Cleaner
- Your solution to clean hard floors without chemicals.
- Best Handheld Steam Cleaner
- An easy to use and lightweight steam cleaner
Read a summary of my steam cleaner top picks here. If you would like to read more steam cleaners reviews including carpet steam cleaner reviews, floor steam cleaner reviews and portable steam cleaner reviews, click here to go to my Steam Cleaners Review blog.
How to Pick the Best Steam Cleaner
Steam cleaners are machines which clean surfaces with hot water by killing allergens, bacteria and fungus. They can be used for surfaces which are heat resistant, either commercially or at home.
When looking for the best steam cleaner, first decide:
- which type of steam cleaner you need; and
- what features you would like your steam cleaner to have.
Types of Steam Cleaners
- Traditional (Humid but Cool) Steam Cleaner – This type of steam cleaner can generate steam without boiling water. The warm water is spread on the dirty surface while the revolving brushes scrub the surface before the dirty water is collected into a container.
- Vapor (Dry but Hot) Steam Cleaner – This type boils water creating a dry steam. The steam looses the dirt and stains on the dirty surface through the hose and nozzle. Then, the vacuum cleaner cleans up the surface.
- Carpet Steam Vapor Cleaners – Very popular because they can clean the carpets without much dampness afterward. Even though carpets absorb water easily, vapor steam cleaner leaves very little moisture on the surface, meaning the carpet can be dry in no time!
- Handheld Steam Cleaners (Portable) – Smaller and easier to carry around. Naturally, they will be less powerful than your regular steam cleaner but this type of steam cleaner is great for those on a budget and/or for those who only look to perform smaller jobs on smaller areas.
Not sure which type is the best steam cleaner for you? Read more about the Types of Steam Cleaners here.
Features in a Steam Cleaner
Some important features of a steam cleaner that you might want to look into before deciding on which the best steam cleaner for you is!
Cheaper steam cleaners do not have a trigger. Instead, they are always on. Preferably, there should be an ‘on demand’ trigger because this allows the steam to be turned on and off as needed. In return, you save the amount of water and steam pressure needed!
Steam cleaners need approximately 5 to 15 minutes to boil the water before it can be used. Caution: we find that a shorter time may mean that it has a smaller water capacity!
We tried refilling the boiler tank when it had not cooled down yet and boy, were we in for a major disaster! Majority of steam cleaners need time to cool down before you can open the boiler tank for refilling. So, for safety, DO NOT RUSH to refill! However, the best steam cleaner would have two water tanks. You can then refill water any time without having that delay.
Water Level Gauge
While this feature is useful, it is not really necessary. Some customers told us that this may not be a very important factor when considering which steam cleaner to buy unless they are having a hard time deciding between two just-as-good models!
Steam Cleaner Reviews: Top Pick Best Steam Cleaner
- McCulloch MC-1275 – Best steam cleaner for home use at a great price!
- WhiteWing Steamer – High end home steam cleaner. You can use this for anything from cars to aquariums.
- Haan SI-35 Slim and Light Floor Steam Cleaner – Steam clean your floor tiles instead of mopping.
- Haan HS-20R Handheld Steam Cleaner – Handheld and portable steam cleaner for light usage at home.
How to pick the best steam cleaner out there highly depends on your perspective. What we usually tell our customers is: Be realistic with your expectations.
The best steam cleaner may be a fantastic help but they are not magic. While steam cleaners are powerful equipment, some customers reported to us that certain long-standing stains (years of accumulation) may still need some scrubbing. Some work place may also require a higher quality commercial type of steam cleaner which may be way over the budget of homeowners!
Having said that, high steam pressure steam cleaner ensures easy cleaning all the way. After all, who wouldn’t want value for money?
Do I Need a Steam Cleaner?
A common question that customers pose to me would be, why would I choose a steam cleaner when I can use traditional methods, such as vacuuming?
So, here’s why steam cleaner is becoming very popular in the market:
- More Effective
- Safer/ Less Chemicals
- No Smell
So, whether you are a homemaker or your own boss, if you would like a home/work area that is clean, bacteria free and safe for everyone to live and work in, steam cleaner is the way to go, so get your best steam cleaner now!
Best Steam Cleaner Brands
More Household Tools Related Blogs:
I hope these steam cleaners reviews have helped you in choosing your best steam cleaner. If you would like to find out more, do read up on various models in my blog.
Happy cleaning with the best steam cleaner!